Natalie McCall feared Red Doulton had run into a situation she had seen so many times before, but the filly is in such good form she was able to overcome it and win the Benchmark 70 (1500m) at Eagle Farm.
Red Doulton won her previous start at Caloundra, but before that had won just one of 16 starts, featuring in stewards’ reports 11 times, with the most common theme being “blocked for a run”.
“When she was running up behind them I thought ‘not again’ but fortunately she’s been able to overcome it,” McCall said.
Punters were obviously taken with her previous win, backing the filly into $3.70 from an opening quote of $4.80 and much bigger odds earlier in the week.
“She’s always had that kind of ability but it’s good to get some confidence into her,” the trainer said. “It was only a benchmark 70 today but she’s shown she’s capable of stepping up to better races on a Saturday now.”
The race was actually named the Nat McCall Racing Benchmark 70 after Red Doulton’s part-owners Platinum Bloodstock, who were sponsors on the day, nominated the Stradbroke-winning trainer’s name for this race.
“It just turned out it was the race (Red Doulton) happened to be in,” McCall said.
Courtesy of the Courier Mail 28th July 2019 - Nathan Exelby, Racing editor, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
Original #Bluecrew Syndicate now holds 2 exciting winners from 5 horses (THE SINNER, PLATINUM EUROS), and the best still to come. With equally high expectations #Bluecrew2 Memberships are almost sold, enquire ASAP!
1. Stratum Filly
2. Better Than Ready Filly
3. Super One Filly
4. Rubick Filly
5. Choisir Colt
5 horses all for only $750 and $99 per month ongoing (a total of 2.5% ownership in these 5 beautiful horses, 0.5% in each horse)
Based on your feedback our Team McCall Syndicate #bluecrew2 will allow:
* First time owners to get into racing at an entry level
* Existing owners to increase their stable
* Owners to get communication from the stable directly
* Access to quality horses at a fraction of the normal price
You to have fun with a like minded group of owners!
What do you get???
* 10% has now been purchased by the syndicate in all 5 yearlings
* Exposure to the lucurative QTIS and BOBS incentive schemes
* 20 members (19 member shares plus 1 retained by the stable as Manager)
* Each member receives a 0.5% share ownership in each of the 5 yearlings
* Total horse ownership of 2.5%
* Cost of $750 for initial purchase of membership
* Monthly fixed fees of $99 per month all-inclusive for the 5 horses
* Pro rata monthly fees if less than 5 horses into the future
* Prizemoney distributed monthly as received to members
* No further management fees or Syndicate charges
* Members receive stable communications same as all other owners in horses
* Opportunity to submit names for all horses
* Invitation to all Nat McCall racing open days / stable tours and functions
* Syndicate name #bluecrew2 will appear as owner rather than the individuals in race book and online
* Expectation is to see horses racing late 2019 to early 2020....and Racing winners!
Get that winning feeling yourself or put together a group of friends or even your workmates and lets all go racing.......
Nat McCall Racing #natmccallracing